Stephen Ministry is a one-to-one caregiving ministry here at Christ Victorious. Stephen Ministers are trained to aid a care receiver (someone going through a tough time) to more effectively deal with their own situations and to grow. These life circumstances might include:
- Family frustrations and challenges
- Separation or divorce
- Job promotion or loss
- Financial setbacks
- Struggling with faith in God
As a result of receiving help from a Stephen Minister, a care receiver may:
- Develop stronger ties with a community of Christians
- Grasp the role of suffering in life
- Accept forgiveness and grace from God and others
- Give forgiveness and love
- Increase your level of trust
- Start a relationship with God
- Renew your relationship with God
- Learn positive attitudes and expectations
- Develop a foundation for holistic stability in your life
- Nurture a healthier ego and realistic self-image
- Build whole and complete relationships
If you would like to talk to someone about the difficult time you are having, please contact Chris Good 952-556-5822 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephen Ministers (care providers)
The mission of Stephen Ministry is to show the love of Jesus Christ through people. The Stephen Series is a complete system for training and organizing Stephen Ministers (lay people) to give distinctively Christian care to people who need it both in the congregation and in the community. Stephen Ministry training will equip you, and our congregation will support you, so that you can show God’s mercy, care and compassion to another who is hurting.
What Does A Stephen Minister do?
- Provides quality one-to-one ministry as trained, caring church members reaching out to others in time of need
- Engages in a care-giving relationship that focuses on the unique needs of one person and lasts as long as the needs exist.
- Receives support, guidance, and supervision from Stephen Leaders and from each other in order to maintain effective Christian care to others
- Stephen Ministers are selected and retained on their ability to maintain confidentiality in their caring relationships with God’s people.
What type of training will I receive?
Stephen Ministers receive 50 hours of training - offered at Christ Victorious - along with continuing education that covers such topics as:
- Listening and feelings
- Relationship building
- Assertiveness training
- Crisis theory and intervention
- Use of prayer and the Bible
What happens after training?
Including training, we ask that you make a 24-month commitment of service to Stephen Ministry that includes:
- Study of the training materials
- Service as a Stephen Minister (usually involving a one-hour weekly one-to-one visit) for about 18 months following completion of the training program.
- Participation in twice-monthly 1 hour supervision meetings
- Participation in continuing education as needed
If you would like to learn more about Stephen Ministry, please contact Chris Good 952-556-5822 / email@example.com
Visit the Stephen Ministry website at www.stephenministries.org